China Futures Market Monitoring Center Co.,Ltd(CFMMC) is an non-profit legal entity which approved by the State Council and authorized by China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) in March 2006. Previously it was China Futures Margin Monitoring Center and the name has been changed in April 2015.CFMMC was funded by 4 shareholders which are Shanghai Futures Exchange, China Financial Futures Exchange, Zhengzhou Commodity Exchange and Dalian Exchange. The registered capital was RMB 1.365 billion. CFMMC reports to CSRC and is responsible for the objectives as follow:
1. Managing the Unified Account Opening System in the futures market.
2. Monitoring the security of the margins in the futures market.
3. Offering the settlement information directly to the futures market participants.
4. Surveillance of the whole futures market.
5. Research in macroeconomic and industries.
6. Surveillance of intermediaries in the futures market.
7. Managing the Futures Investor Protection Fund.
8. Issuer of a series of the commodity futures indexes.
9. Offering the information service for the regulatory organizations and exchanges.
10. Conduct the investors’ survey in the futures market.
11. Assistance of risk disposal of problematic companies.
China Futures Association
China Futures Association (hereinafter referred to as “CFA”), a national self-disciplinary organization of futures industry founded on December 29, 2000, is a nonprofit social entity organization under the supervision and management of China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) and Ministry of Civil Affairs.
General Meeting is the highest authority of CFA, while the Council refers to the standing authority of CFA during intersession of General Meeting, which is responsible for General Meeting. The Council is currently composed of 13 professional committees, namely Brokerage Business, Asset Management, Derivatives Traders, International Business, Information Technology, Self-regulatory Supervision, Complaints, Dispute Resolution, Investor Education and Protection, Research & Development etc. As of March 2015, CFA has 260 members including 151members of futures companies, 70 members of introducing brokers companies，5 special members of futures exchanges and China Futures Margin Monitoring Center and 34 affiliate members of local associations.